Have you recovered from Friday yet?
Me neither:)
Saturday morning found me busting my tail to get things made to go celebrate my mom's 60th birthday.
HH and the men children went to the local barber shop to get cleaned up.
Can I tell you how much I love that?
Not just because they are out of the house, although that is a plus some days.
I love that my boys have a dad, their dad, who wants to and is able to do stuff like that with them. He is there to train them in the ways of menfolk and I am every so grateful.
I was responsible for potato salad and a cake for Saturday.
Being the PW inspired woman that I am, I opted for a FROM SCRATCH red velvet cake.
I know - right?
Well, it all got made and we made it to mom's. Yes - LATE.
But I decided is was subconscious self-sacrifice on my part so the sisters would feel good that they beat me there. Besides they had it all under control. Seems their party planner (ahem* ahem) delegated very well. I would say she used her administrative gifting but as we discovered, she is really just bossy. She does boss well though.
Zip it sisters!
Party was great. HH took each of the boys fishing for some one-on-one time.
Of course he waited until we were in the car to tell me about MC 2. HH is smart like that if nothing else. Seems MC 2 kicked off his flip flops and went sludging around in the pond, water up to his knees. He also picked up a pet- a bass. MC 2 was supposed to throw it back but seems he decided to pack it around for about 15 minutes, giving it water when it started to go lifeless. It was cruel bass Mr. Bass and I am sorry. Some ways of the menfolk I just can't explain.
Someone out there with boys tell you can relate.
Please... I need the encouragement.
When does school start again?
Kidding...I am just kidding;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
you do boss well, and often - hehehehe!!
Post a Comment