Thursday, June 3, 2010

I DO

It has been a long week with the men children. MC 2 has broken two windows, turned the last gallon of milk I have into a gallon of chocolate milk, disobeyed too many times to count, doused the bathroom in baby powder, and gotten very clingy at night when mama wants people to leave her alone. MC 1 has been ate up with attitude and sass, cried alligator tears at bed time, and somehow thinks he has become in control of the remote. Let us not even mention trying to get up in the mornings - for any of us. It has been a long week, and I have not momma'd all that well. Bodes for a long summer. Condemnation wants to come sit a spell it seems. And it is not just the men children it wants to talk about. But as I hear or read about the stories of the families in this world suffering, with loss of children, with divorce, with destruction, with true poverty, I am pulled back into what is true and real. The truth is my men and I have a roof over our heads and food in the fridge. The reality is my men children have both parents at home trying to raise them together the very best we can. I have my men children with me today. I have HH with me today. Sadly there are some mama's and wives that can't say the same.
So though the week has been long, it has been blessed.
Though I told the Lord today I feel alone, I know I am not.
I can still choose right now to remember that.
I do.

4 comments:

Querida said...

I thought of you yesterday. I was laying, exhausted, on the floor in the living room, and just about to give in to despair over always feeling like the many chores that need to get done are insurmountable. I chose instead to ask Hubs how I could help him get to bed earlier than one o'clock in the morning (he had some freelance work to do). And then I made a mental list prioritizing what needed to be done in the immediate future. The rest of the stuff can wait. :)

Rhonda said...

So was it the despair or the choosing?:)

Rebecca said...

we are blessed - that is sure!

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Are you sure you don't live at my house? :)