Monday, August 9, 2010

THE DOCTORS ARE IN...

Monday was my quarterly doctor's appointment and MC 1's dentist appointment.
I was up first.
So was my weight.
Dr. B walks in, looks at the chart, and then so nonchalantly says,
"So, have you been watching what you eating?"
To which I replied,
"You already know the answer to that Doc. You saw the chart. Why do you ask questions that you already know the answer to?"
And started calling him Clarice.
He had nothing after that.
Not really.
He had plenty after that.
And I never uttered Clarice.
Then we rushed to the dentist, after a stop by the donut store, which probably contributes to both our issues.
MC 1 seems to have an affiliation for silver teeth.
We garnered another one last week.
Now you are asking yourself, where was MC 2 during all this?
HH bravely took him to work with him.
MC 2 was so proud.
He was telling people all weekend, "I'm going to work with my daddy."
Then we came home and crashed because it was like 200+ degrees outside, and contrary to my theory, sweating in the car does not cause you to lose weight.
Tomorrow - GATORS!

4 comments:

Kendra said...

Why is it that Drs always state the obvious???? I hate that! Loved your response... um, non-response :)

Rhonda said...

Oh I really told him that, I just did not call him Clarice. He just laughed when I said that;)

Keri said...

I have actually REFUSED to get on the scale at the doctor's office before. If my ailment has nothing to do with what I weigh, then why go through the torment? I was met with slight resistance, but in the end, I got my way and walked right past that stupid scale. It's the small victories in life.

Rhonda said...

I would have like to have heard that discussion:)