Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Last week HH had the chance to go deep sea fishing. Being the good wife that I am *cough cough* I said he could go (Really it was my birthday weekend so he did ask if it was okay. How do you say no to a chance of a lifetime?). I was good with it until Friday morning when I woke up with the theme music from Gilligan's Island playing in my head. Not to mention the vast number of survival shows I have been subjected to have only increased my awareness of how quickly things can go bad.
And I did not marry Bear Grylls.
And The Professor was not on board.
They did survive though. HH caught sharks and something else. He also caught a bit of sea sickness, which resulted in copious amounts of heckling from his fellow fishermen. No pics to prove anything, so we will have to take him at his word on the size of said sharks.
The MC's and I headed to my mama's house because I take any chance I can to go to my mama's house. Friday night we had the obligatory birthday dinner. Saturday, Grandpa took the boys "into town" while mom and I did farm work. Saturday afternoon we rode the club car around to check the fences. The most exciting thing was Molly the dog came near to having a heat stroke. My mom and dad have a large pencil box full of dogs and few of them very sharp. Molly would be one of the duller ones (sorry sister). We spent close to 45 minutes hosing her down and babysitting her. Sunday we all parted ways and went to our respective churches.
So there is the weekend for you. Gilligan did discover later this week he forgot to sunscreen one ear. Can we say ouch?
So there is your weekend wrap up.
Hope yours was awesome as well!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - i still need to get with you and give you your present - i also still need to buy said present :)

glad HH survived and you guys had fun at yo momma's

love ya

Anonymous said...

I am very angry that the present from your favorite brother in law was not mentioned in this post.. Here I am risking life and limb to get these exotic gift, and not even a sentence...

Keri said...

Love the recap! Sounds like a weekend I would have thoroughly enjoyed myself! Not the shark, sea sickness part.....but everything that included you!