BIL has been working on our floor.
Remember our floor, that we ripped out nearly a year ago?
Yes, that one.
We were moving along nicely this week until I actually went to Lowe's to purchase the floor.
And let the salesman completely point me a different flooring direction.
Which will frustrate BIL to no end, but he will roll with it.
Has to, I already ordered and paid for the new floor.
Yesterday, BIL came over with my niece and nephew.
I also had sister #1's (by birth order- you other two don't get your knickers in a twist about who is the fav.....I love you all equally!) 3 kids because she and BIL had "BUS DRIVER RECERTIFICATION"....oooooooohhhhhhhhh.
Throw in my two and hello....7 kiddos - 5 boys, 2 girls.
One of my niece's has a birthday coming up so I gave her a gift.
Other niece, who just had a party and received a gift as well from me, walks up and says:
"Uhmm.. you know I had a party and I didn't get a gift from you."
"Uhm.....yes you did. I gave you those two dresses, remember?"
"No."
When I was retelling her mama that story, she replied to said niece with something along these lines,
"Remember, Aunt Rhonda got you those dresses that you liked. Remember, how she did a good job picking them for only having boys?"
Not that I have ever, E-V-E-R, claimed to have any kind of fashion sense, but I do believe I have maintained my XX's enough to know little girls like flowery dresses.
On that note, my friend Casey is a small fashion icon in HH eyes. So much so she is my go to woman when he threatens to send me shopping. I am choosing not to tell him she is about to start a cooking class...he will have me signed up before I can even finish.
Anyway, Casey always looks very "put together" when HH sees her. I have been on retreats with her so I know the truth;) I have seen the no-makeup face. I love her still!
A couple of weeks ago, she came by the house in her casual wear.
T-shirt, some form of stretchy pant, tennis shoes, you know....everyday stuff.
HH was home, or came home, or whatever, while she was still here.
He was floored. Seems he has never seen her like this. He did not know how to respond and it was all over his face and eventually came out of his mouth.
"You went to town like that? I don't think I have ever seen you like that?"
My - how the mighty have fallen.
Casey and I had a good laugh.
Then I went back to put on a clean pair of stretchy pants.
I love fashion!
Have a great weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
stinkin' hilarious!!!! seriously - we have quite entertaining families - you should have told some of the BIL stories about your roof and 'nice' house :)
Post a Comment