Sunday, September 19, 2010

COMPASSION

A group of Compassion bloggers just returned from a trip to Guatemala.
You can, and should, read the stories of
Amanda,
Ann,
Lisa-Jo
and Lindsey
on the Compassion Bloggers web page.
You can also read about Compassion and how to support it on Shaun Groves blog.
We adopted a girl for MC 1 about a year ago.
Shery lives in Tanzania.
She and MC 1 trade letters, pictures, stories of school.
She even invited him to come hunting, which thrilled him to no end.
I know it is had to picture how your money makes a difference.
I know I sit on this side of the screen and wonder if it really helps.
I see pictures of poverty.
I see pictures of filth.
Then I see pictures of joy.
Pictures of hope.
Pictures of the family of Christ being brought together.
Sharing a love that started miles apart
and is only strengthened by their physical connection.
It makes a difference.
They make a difference.
Quite possibly to an entire world.
Most importantly, to Jesus.

No comments: