Friday, September 10, 2010

INEVITABLE...


is what it was.
We all knew.

I tried to tell them.

Before it ever started.

I tried.

This week I had a conference with MC 2's teacher.
12 days into the school year.
Topic was his behavior.

I used the term independent.
She concurred.
She wanted to know if we saw the same thing at home.

I should have brought in my body of evidence.

And witnesses.

Lots of eye witnesses.
We compared two coloring papers.

One done correctly.

One scribbled.

She said, "I guess this was a day he was feeling independent."

I have evidence of many of those days.
You want to know what the most effective punishment is for him?
Going to his room with no after school snack.
Gets him right where it hurts.
Today, he got a smiley face.
Mom! Mom! Check my folder! I got a smiley face!
Does this mean I don't have to go to my room?
Yes, baby it does,
and all is right with the world.
For now.
Which is good enough for me.
Give you entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.
Matthew 6:34
The Message

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

that pictures sums it all up - worth a thousand words