Wednesday, September 29, 2010

VICTORY!

As I am sure you have deduced by now, I can be a worrier.
I can be a worst case kinda gal before you can say,well...., anything.
The worst case then leads to a great deal of anxiety
and it just goes down hill from there.
At times, I am my own worst enemy.
So imagine the trepidation of my family and friends when I take HH to the ER.
The concern they had not only for his physical well being,
but for my mental as things proceeded to get worse.
I mean this was the perfect opportunity for the devil,
and myself,
to tear me up one side and down the other.
Open season was declared on Rhonda's mental health.
The lion prowled to devour.
He paced to and fro to look for the chance to get me.
AND.....
Praise be to God, he came up empty.
Not one "worst case scenario" induced anxiety attack.
Not one "what am I going to do" followed by tears and fears.
The one time I did think HH might be in big trouble,
I deliberately turned to the Lord and said,
Ok.
If this is where we are going,
You are going to have to take care of us.
I know You will.
I did shed tears one day,
but out of frustration for my man who was in so much pain,
not out of fear.
LET ME TELL YOU
THAT IS A GOOD WORK OF THE LORD!
Without Christ Jesus, I would have been a mess.
He calmed me.
He has renewed my mind.
He has shown me the work I needed to do to help out.
He helped me do it.
So props the Lord Jesus for renewing this mind.
May He receive all the glory!
For it is His alone.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

PRAISE BE TO THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY!!!!!

The Schubey Shack said...

AMEN!!! i was worried about you! glad you won the victory!