Friday, October 22, 2010

I AM PRETTY SURE HE MEANS ME...

I recently started the bible study entitled One in a Million by Priscilla Shirer. As of today I am exactly three weeks into it. To be honest, I was not fired up about it. Not because of the author, for I do so love Priscilla Shirer. Just nothing in my flesh was fascinated by the topic. (That should have been clue number one). I actually won this book from LifeWay Women on Facebook. (Clue #2). I had been doing my own reading and was really enjoying the Old Testament. Jeremiah chapter 42 struck a nerve. The entire chapter is God telling the people not to go back to Egypt.

I know you are scared.

I know it looks bad.

I know.

Do not go back to Egypt.

How it spoke volumes to me.

I know, you peeps that have already done One in a Million are beginning to giggle because you see it coming.

Guess what the first 3 weeks of the study have been on?

Getting out of Egypt.

Staying out of Egypt.

Making the most of the wilderness time.

Coincidence - not from my deliberate God.

This is purposeful and strategic in His timetable.

I find myself in a wilderness of sorts.

I left the work force, with God's blessing.

What I thought would be a quick journey to something else hasn't been.

What I thought would be a suitable back-up plan has not happened.

So I am out here in the middle of uncharted territory.

In the middle of my wilderness.

Having started the bible study has given me perspective.

Maybe renewed my perspective, because deep down I already knew this.

My wilderness time is not punishment.

My wilderness time is for Him.

To show Himself faithful.

To get the glory.

To draw me in.

To get the Egypt out of me.

So that I will know He is Lord.

Whatever comes.

Be encouraged if you find yourself in a wilderness time.

It is for a reason.

It is appointed.

It has been chosen for this time.

Because you are chosen.

Choose Him back.

Lay it all at His feet.

Choose to trust Him.

Choose to believe Him.

Choose to glorify Him.

Choose.

I am pretty sure He means you, too.

4 comments:

Jo Beth said...

Thank you Rhonda! I really enjoyed this blog today!! It really spoke to me on different levels, if you know what I mean. :)

Rebecca said...

Amen!!!

I may have to pick that one up next :)

Keri said...

How amazing! I am actually NOT doing that study right now. I could be your tour guide through the wilderness if you want. I am spending a lot of time there right now.

Charlsie said...

Rhonda Baker... oh how this fits me right now, too. I'm in the wilderness and want out! I keep telling myself that this is for a purpose. I am being used by God for something here. It's hard to not get mad at Him for rescuing me out of my current wilderness! I am being tested because I know I need to be here right now and it would be easy for me to walk away... but that's not what He wants. Thats not HIS WILL. And I want HIS WILL. Praying for you, Rhonda... ask for prayers back! :) And keep me posted on this study... sounds like it might be something I need to look into.