We spent this past weekend at my parent's house cow sitting. Mom and Dad decided on a trip to Arkansas, and cows don't feed themselves. I was really hoping for a better result that last time. We went out Thursday night because the MC's were out of school Friday and it is a closer drive to work for HH. Which was a good thing since that is all he did. He hunted one time. ONE TIME. Grandpa put us straight to work on Thursday evening setting out hay for the herd. He envisioned a great plan of stacking 2 bales together inside the hay ring. It was a good plan. Until Friday morning, when 4 of the 5 rings were flipped over and hay was all over the ground. The MC's and I checked for trapped cattle, and then went off to feed the rest at various pastures. We also picked up the duty of replacing game camera cartridges. Needless to say there was much club car driving by MC 1, gate opening by MC 2, and Sit down! shouts by mama. By Friday afternoon they (the boys not the cows) were passed out asleep. Saturday was a repeat of the same thing. Sunday we joined my grandfather for church and lunch at the local DQ. FYI if you like pumpkin pie you must try the pumpkin pie blizzard they have. Fab -U- Lous! When we got home Sunday I saw buzzards in the pasture. Never a good thing. Sure enough, a calf had been killed by something. Looked like it came right out of a nature show when the lions take down the gazelle. The MC's and I removed it from the pasture. Bless its poor mama's heart she followed up the whole way talking to it. Sunday afternoon found the MC's and HH fishing. Then off to stock the deer feeders and reset all the game cameras. We rounded out the night by drving home with intense storms all around and some very serious lightening.
I am going to try to get some pics up today.
There is our weekend recap.
Hope you had a good one:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
home, home on the range - where the deer and the men children play!!!
love it!!
Ummmm.....ok. I didn't understand half of that post, but it sounds like a lot of good outdoor time!! I would so love to trade places with you sometime!
Post a Comment