Yesterday was a busy day. MC 2 had his last trip to the dentist's office (and hopefully all of ours for a while). I was a little nervous because last time was a bit tough. Sedation does not go over well with him. Second only to fasting, which he hates. The child gets up at dawn and utters "I'm hungry...I want to watch tb". Phonics are our downfall but that is another post.
All went well and we came home and slept, both of us.
Then off to pick up MC 1 and do some ranchin'. My parents needed someone to feed their cows yesterday, and being as how I am the lone "someone" who is unemployed I was offered the gig and took it. I knew it would be late when we started because I had to wait for MC 2 to sober up. Long story short, we found a dead heifer (which MC 2 promptly touched...gross!), fed the cows, lost a mailbox key, found a mailbox key, removed dead heifer from premises, checked on newborn calf, lost cell phone, searched for said cell phone, stopped by McDonald's, and finally made it home about 8:45pm.
Tired just reading it aren't you?
Thinking you would like to stay home and rest today after all that right?
No rest for the weary my friends.
Today, Mc 2 and I will return to the pasture lands to search for the cell phone. Praying I find it quickly.
Because I am tired.
This whole not working gig is about to wear me out.
I need a nap.
* I had pictures of my little cowboys working. Yep- all on the cell phone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
impressive - you hauled off a dead cow - any ideas how she died? how did mom and dad take it?
there's a Bible application in there somewhere!!!
good luck today - love you
Post a Comment