Monday, January 31, 2011

IT'S GONE...

What a weekend. Saturday morning we woke up to MC 2 having a touch of the stomach bug. I would love to say we made it to the bathroom in time but we didn't. He seems to be healed now. MC 1 spent the night with his aunts and grandparents Saturday night. He called about 9pm, crying, saying how much he missed us. He NEVER does that. Most of the time he can't wait to get out of here. After talking with my SIL, it was determined that he was exhausted and needed sleep. I know I often want to call my mama when I am that way too. She won't let me come home though.
Saturday evening I went to check on the death trap I had set in the bathroom for my party mouse. HH had told me to stick it behind the "doors" that open up to the plumbing of the tub. I say "doors" because they are not really doors, but make-shift doors. Anyway, I had not heard the trap go off, but I most definitely did not want to leave it in there if it had done its job. I ever so cautiously opened the door and discovered that the trap was.....GONE!
GONE people.
NOT THERE!
Which means something had moved it.
How do you move a mouse trap when you are it's intended target? I'll tell you how - by being a big old rat or something! I was not happy and a great deal freaked out. HH was no help. Not even bothered by the thought of it being a rat. MC 2 was excited that it might have been something huge.
I will say I have not heard the party animal in the closet in a while, so maybe it learned it's lesson and went away.
I hope.
I pray.
I choose to believe that so I can sleep at night.
Have a great Monday!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

aagh!!! not fun!!!!

hope the mc are back to 'normal' today

love you