Tuesday, January 4, 2011

POST #1 for 20-11

Well, now that I have recovered from my New Year's excitement....
I mean who can top sitting around watching football with your dad
and listening to your mama talk about how
"once you have done NYE in New Orleans, TWICE, everything else is pretty much ehhhhhh."
Plus your hubs going to bed at 9 because he must be up SOOOO early to hit the woods.....
We've got fun, yes we do!
We've got fun, how 'bout you?
All sarcasm aside, we really did have a good weekend.
New Year's Day, mama traded in her memories of her time in the Big Easy for a movie with some of the grandkids and actual kids. Of course, when someone mentioned they hadn't sat that far back in a theater since high school....
I am not sure Disney could erase the mental pictures that were provoked...
not even in a mess of magic golden hair.
Sunday, the Mcs and I went to church.
They gripped the entire way there.
Why do we have to go? Why can't we stay home?
Then when I picked them up a tad early, they griped.
Why are picking us up so early? Why are we leaving?
Worse than women about changing their minds.
Except for yesterday.
Yesterday they were very clear about not wanting to go to school.
WHY DON'T YOU JUST LEAVE US ALONE!
I'M STILL 'LEEPY!
I drug the little monsters out of bed and
dropped them off with a smile (mine, not theirs)
at the front doors of the school building.
Praise the Lord!
The little creatures I picked up yesterday were much nicer.
Until we started homework.
That last week before Christmas is full of games and fun and food.
That first week back is the reckoning.
However, we will choose to have a good week!
Hope you guys do as well!

2 comments:

Keri said...

I am dragging my feet through these last two days in Texas. Dragging.......
So NOT ready to go back to Singapore and face life over there! Especially since Scot gets to stay here for an extra 10 days but I'm not going to be a hater! Life is going to be fun come Monday when I drag two jet lagged boys out of bed so they can go to shool and I can go back to bed!
Happy New Years my friend!!

Rebecca said...

aw - back to school - got to love it!!

sounds like you guys had a good holiday -

love you