Monday, February 14, 2011

WHAT ABOUT LOVE?

I was so excited when I received the note telling me MC 1 had to make a Valentine's Day box.
I fondly remember those boxes from my childhood and could not wait to share that with him.

I bought construction paper with reds and pinks.

I bought the little paper "lace" hearts to put on it.

I went all out girl mode.

Mistake.

I have boys.

Rough boys.

Here is MC 1 working on his box.

(I apologize for the picture but since my camera is elsewhere I had to use my phone)


Looks promising, right?

uhmmmm.......no.....

Here is his finished product....


Those would be flames, because we are apparently making a Harley motorcycle box.

I thought the theme was love but evidently I was wrong.

Unless we say it is for the love of the motorcycle.

Oh....and there is more.

Check these out...


Apparently, every motorcycle themed Valentine's box worth it's salt has crossbones on it.

cue Sir Elton....

Can you feel the love tonight?

I know some of you are reeling asking why I would allow my child to decorate his box so.

First, I am picking my battles.

I drew the line at the request for a skull.

Flames and dog bones I can live with.

Second, it is not my box.

I guess I felt I needed to let him have ownership of it and do what he wanted, within some boundaries.

To my future daughter-in-law, I am sorry.

I promise we are working on this.

I can't promise you he will be Mr. Romance by the time you get him, but I am trying.

Don't judge him by the box.

The love is in his heart...

Some where.

Happy Valentine's Day!



2 comments:

Rebecca said...

hehehehehe!!! that is too funny!!

Keri said...

I think it's perfect!!! About as perfect as some gingerbread houses we had around here with Santa falling off the roof and blood splatter. It wouldn't have been his box with lace hearts......I love it!