Well, HH and I have sucked it up and signed on for Financial Peace University. We have put on our big girl and big boy draw'rs and got down to business.
Translation...we have been to one class.
We, like most other couples, are money personality opposites. HH is a spender. I am a saver. Well, that might not be a fair assessment since I have a difficult time saving a brownie 'til tomorrow, but when it comes to money I am more saver-ish.
After the first class, I wish I had been a lot more saver-ish. How one class can make you feel like such an idiot in one moment and give you hope in the next is beyond me. Youth is so wasted on the young. I told HH after the meeting that the MCs were taking this class when they turned 18, if not sooner.
Our first assignment is in progress. Notice I am blogging about this on Friday because one of our assignments is to sit down and do a quickie budget this weekend. I am afraid if I wait until Sunday night to share, well, it might not be so pretty.
The first meeting was a mixture of feelings.
Mad at myself for not being smarter.
Relieved I can stop being foolish.
Fearful of the steps laid out before us.
Excited to be going down that path.
Aware that the short term work will most likely be difficult and uphill.
Hopeful, knowing the end result is so worth it.
So, we start walking.
I am sure we will grow weary some days.
I am confident other days we will celebrate victories, small as they are.
The goal is not to get rich quick.
The goal is to serve the One Master well. To be a good steward of His provision. Be able to bless others in need. Be able to provide for the boys and the generations to come.
Lucky for you, you get to come along.
For the good, the bad and the ugly.
And you will love us through it, right?
Right?
You will choose to:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
maybe!!!!!
so excited for you guys - praying
Love it!! Our church just started FPU here and we've never done it.....but I have plenty of friends who own stock in envelopes. Apparently that's a popular budget idea. I too am saver-ish but not when it comes to chocolate or any other kind of sugary treat!
Post a Comment