I know I have talked about this before, but I was reminded of it just this week.
The shift - it is happening.
What shift?
The shift that causes little men children to adore their daddy more than their mama.
It causes all writing assignments to about dad, something we did with dad, or something we are going to do with dad that mom doesn't want to do.
It causes little boys to mimic their daddy stirring red pepper into his dipping sauce with a fork by stirring cheese into theirs with a fork.
The shift is healthy. It is good. It is natural.
It is also a little smarting when I see it.
Stings just a bit.
A reminder that my babies are growing into men. Slowly, but growing. It serves to make me acknowledge, again, that they won't be with us forever, our time of influence is short, and we had better be deliberate about it.
The shift also brings about a sense of freedom.
Not for HH because now they want to be with him.
I can go to the store alone.
I can be in the house alone without watching TV.
Not that I want to all the time, but it is nice from time to time.
I still get my moments with them.
MC 1 and I sneak off to the store.
MC 2 and I went to a basketball game just this weekend.
They still want mama to tuck them in and lay beside them on their bed.
MC 2 still hunts me down in the middle of the night so he can get in bed with me.
But during the daylight hours, dad is usually the one they choose.
Which I understand, because I chose him too.




2 comments:
awww... they are growing up :)
it happens
WOW! I know the feeling. Jeremiah is growing up so fast!!! As I type this very comment Jason & Jeremiah are out back camping! He so loves his daddy and I am so grateful he does and that he is growing to be a wonderful man of God. :) I was walking around the house trying to find something to do... LOL!! Thanks for sharing!!
Post a Comment