Psalm 68:6(NKJV)
God sets the solitary in families;
He brings out those who are bound into prosperity;
But the rebellious dwell in a dry land.
I have been catching up on my Wednesdays with Beth over the past few weeks.
Have I told you how much I love DVR?
Beth has been talking about Family Calamity and how God wants to heal and restore us in the midst of it. She used the above verse to talk about how God can add to your family. How we have need of a family, whether is a biological family or a church family. Good stuff.
Have I told you how much I love DVR?
Beth has been talking about Family Calamity and how God wants to heal and restore us in the midst of it. She used the above verse to talk about how God can add to your family. How we have need of a family, whether is a biological family or a church family. Good stuff.
But not the point.
When I heard her read this verse, the last line was what resonated with me.
But the rebellious dwell in a dry land.
'Cause how many times do we attribute our spiritual "dry season" to God.
He has brought us here...
He has lead us here to impart some great wisdom...
If not careful, we can make it some hyper spiritual event.
Yes, He did bring us there, and yes, He may be about to impart some wisdom, but it may be more like a trip out to the woodshed.
The dry land may be a direct result of our rebellion.
Those revolts we orchestrate, both big and small, when we do things our own way.
When we, like my own kids, are just flat out determined we are going to go our own way and He better get on board and bless it.
Maybe it's not.
But what if it is?
Just something to think about the next time you and I start to feel like we are "dwelling in dry land".




2 comments:
i have found this to be very true in my own walk with the Lord.
Gulp!!!
Post a Comment