Saturday, February 7, 2009

Fashionistos

I was pleased when HH and I were blessed with boys because - well- I am not a very girly girl. I thought great - no hair bows- no coordinating outfits - none of that pressure. HOW WRONG WAS I. Because although I am not very fashion forward (or conscious for that matter) HH IS. The man is hunter by design & that includes hunting for the latest clothing sale and fashion trends. He recently turned his "look" 180 degrees. He has been a boots & jeans guy since day one. Recently he discovered Kohl's and came along to the retro guy side ( I am so out of the loop I don't even know what you call the newest style for guys). Anyway, he has pulled it off well if I do say so myself. Now even though I know this about HH, I didn't really feel too concerned about the men children. AGAIN, HOW WRONG WAS I. Man child 1 decided a couple of years ago that he had his own style and would decide for himself what to wear. Normally he pulls it off well. He usually matches his colors and dresses appropriately for the occasion. And well, I really don't care. He leans toward the skater/hip hop dancer theme which I am fine with. However, yesterday he decided he wanted to be a "cowboy". Now he does have some boots, but the kid has not worn Wranglers in at least 2 years. so his announcement that he needed some of "those jeans with the thing on the back -like cowboys wear" for church on Sunday does create a problem. Now rest assured I am not rushing out to get him some. He can wear what he has. However, if this is a sign of fashion times to come, I am in trouble. The boys already have to get dad to help fix their hair if they want it "styled". The drama of what we are going to wear each day is not supposed to be mine. I have boys. They are supposed to put on what ever & go. I am not ready for the "fashionistos" (and yep totally made that up, I think. It might be a real word, I am sure someone will let me know if it is) growing up in my house. And another thing, can someone please tell me why Saturday is the "rise & shine" early day of the week? Sleeping in seems like an unattainable dream! Oh well, you guys have a great Saturday!


Update- I just had to fight a huge temptation - the Snuggie. As seen on the LPM blog & Big Mama's blog, they are diverse. And even though I adore Beth Moore, I just had to pass, free reading light & all.

2 comments:

Keri said...

I found your blog through All Access. I laughed all the way through this post because I have boys, too. We seem to be going through some of this with our oldest son right now. I am also resisting the Snuggie trend although I am quite sure I would probably use the thing all the time!!

Rebecca said...

welcome to my world !!

rebecca