I recently had to have a mammogram & sonogram. Praise God for an awesome report. Now before I continue I need to set up a mental picture. You know how we are supposed to be symmetrical - you know - the same on both sides of our body. I am not. Certain anatomical features are larger on my left side than my right. My weight gain has only enhanced the discrepancy. Got the picture. Okay so they call today with the results & I email sis to tell her. Email conversation goes like this:
her - yeah. Praise the Lord. Guess you are just well endowed. But that does not help you much does it.
me - nope. like from Peter Rabbit - Flopsie Lopsie
her - you are only flopsie when you run
me - which according to my weight is N-E-V-E-R! But always lopsie! (first time I wrote it I put butt always lopsie- which is also true) I think I am having a bad body image day!
So we laugh and move on. Then one of my students comes up and says " hey miss, we saw a picture of you from 2000. and so-n-so said man she has gotten fat. We all tried to tell him it was cause you had kids. We saw pics of so-n-so and so-n-so. And you were just a skinny little thang!"
A skinny little thang! Thanks for reminding me. Good thing I know whose image I was created in:
"So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them."
Genesis 1:27
NKJV
And I don't think He ever has body image issues!




5 comments:
I love your blog. Thanks for being so open. Body image is hard. Know that I think you are a beautiful person. Your words inspire, challenge, and encourage me!!
And your mom still makes beautiful cakes. I wonder if I ever sent her a thank you card for making my wedding cake?!
Your family helped shape who I am today in so many ways. Not that I didn't have great parents, but some of the ways that your parents raised you and your sisters are ways that I am trying to raise my kids. Even my parents were encouraged by how your parents raised you. You come from the greatest family and are extremely blessed! So, you must be an incredible person, inside and out, if you are still the Rhonda I know!
Your words are very kind & a soothing balm to a very broken heart tonight. Thank you. Love you.
I couldn't have said it better than she did. You are a beautiful person, inside and out, and you are very loved!!
Body image is tough and unfortunately, I am not a girl that starts dropping pounds when stressed, quite the opposite, actually. Since you know what has been going on the last 12 weeks, need I say more??
I can feel your pain BIG TIME!! I was a Flopsie Lopsie....like an entire cup size and shape and well....TMI. Had a really tough time wearing a lot of different things. Finally had it fixed about 2 years ago without having anything foreign inserted. It made a HUGE difference.
It's been a big struggle.......one that I feel like God has been asking me to write about, but I have been very s-l-o-w in being obedient. Guess I better get busy!
I have never met you in person, but I have seen your heart and you, my friend, are a beautiful woman!
Thank you for all your kind words. The body of Christ is a beautiful thing! And Keri - get busy girl! I look forward to reading what God has prompted you to write! It is awesome & timely I know:)
Post a Comment