And what a weekend it has been. Here is the play by play.
Friday night - Our women's meeting at church. My mom-in-law & sister-in-law totally rocked the decorations! We had an awesome time. Great food and fellowship. I brought a little message. Then I told them I was stepping down from Women's ministry- GASP-what? Can I say the Lord God showed up and gave us more grace than we could handle. It was a very successful evening! (More on the stepping down part later)
Saturday - never left the house. MC 2 did not even get on more than his underwear until about 6pm. We were lazy. Honestly I can't remember if we went anywhere?? So if we came to your house & I forgot- so sorry- it has been a bit of a roller coaster weekend.
Sunday - church (way more to come on that). Naps. Sister-in-law #2's house for burgers and swimming! Good stuff.
** Just remembered Friday night - UFC 99 (I think that was the number). We did not go anywhere, they came to us. Had a great time with new & old friends. Men children (including nephew number something another cuz there is a bunch of them) stayed up WAY too late. I had to put them to sleep one at a time and cousin was the last man standing! After 1am before they were all asleep!
Monday - family and friends BBQ at our casa. Just got up from naps. MC 2 playing in the pool, MC 1 still snoozing, HH mowing.
Church - we have gone to the same church for the past 10-11 years. Our church has been through a LOT. 2 big church splits, a few mini splits. And we have stayed through them all. So when I tell you that on Sunday we left, please know it was no small deal. It was HUGE. I think for me the best way to answer why is a conflict of vision. No anger. No malice. Just a disagreement on the means required for the end. The pastor and his wife are precious to me. I love them dearly and that will never change. The associate pastor and his wife are some of my oldest friends. So to walk away from that was heartbreaking for us all. I know they felt like we kicked them in the gut because that is how I felt. I have cried and prayed and cried and cried and prayed some more. I will say I did get a peace about the decision. However, I am hopeful & praying for reconciliation - which is exactly I told them. So I am excited to see how and when God is going to restore us. Maybe we will be brought back together. Maybe not. I pray we will remain friends, a thought I know is very hard for them right now. I think we want the same end- to see the unsaved saved and all of us growing in our walk with the Lord and becoming better disciples- however we may need to travel different paths to that end. Only God knows. And I rest in the assurance that He knows. As long as my heart is tender to His leading and His word this will all work to His glory- and I believe we all want that!
So as you can tell - it has been an emotional weekend for us. But I think it pales in comparison to the emotions so many feel, remembering their loved ones who have or are serving in our Armed Forces. So on the Memorial Day I say thank you to all of you and your families for protecting the freedoms not only of my generation but generations before me & ones to come. Your service & dedication is the living proof of John 15:13. We are humbled and honored by your service and we thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
so, how did it go?
Amen to your statements about our service men and women. So many freedoms we take for granted, so many we are seemingly eager to toss aside - paid for by the loss of life or limb of innocents. Thank you, thank you all.
Post a Comment