Sunday, May 17, 2009

AND THEY CALL IT....TRACTOR LOVE

Man child 2 celebrated his birthday this week. As previously mentioned, he LOVES tractors. Lucky for him my mom is an awesome cake decorator! Here is his prize birthday cake:


And here is what is left of it after he was left alone in the kitchen:





Much like his mother the boy loves him some icing! Yep that is my DNA shining through. Prayerfully the high blood pressure & high cholesterol won't follow suit.
Man child 2's birth not nearly as eventful as MC 1. We knew the drill this time around. So other than the IV put in wrong and my hand swelling up & the spinal block tapping a nerve (I so empathize with the frogs that have been tormented). Oh and the mad rush to get me numb and me losing feeling in my arms & chest (partially)- yeah it was fine. And then there was the "bowel movement aid" at midnight to keep things interesting. It was a very long week. But he is the apple of his mama's eye. He still climbs up in my lap and tells me he loves me. I still get Mommy I need you. Kisses and hugs are still mandated when we drop off for school. He is beautiful to look at and he is a stinker to deal with. Sneaky and independent and fearless and courageous. All traits I know will serve him well in whatever God has gifted him for. He loves the drums, he loves his tractors and he loves his dog. He is just a neat little kid & we love him to pieces. Hard headed - yep - but he was really double stacked in that department. And he looks exactly like my Uncle Tommy's kids did when they were little. It is spooky some days. He has a scar from a weekend at grandma's that she still can not account for. Any conversation with Audie is going to involve " where is Grandpa" within the first 2 sentences.
Having 3 men children in my house is a bit of a challenge at times, especially since I came from a house of girls. But I love them and would not trade them for anything. Besides, any girl I would have had would have suffered my fashion blunders. I am blessed beyond words with family & friends. For that, I am very thankful!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Amen and Amen! He is a little stinker, but he is a precious little stinker!! By the way, you have him totally brainwashed - he told me on Saturday - 'Go Aggies, go aggies, go aggies!' and when I tried to say 'go longhorns', he said 'NOOOOOOO! GO AGGIES!'

Keri said...

You made that cake???? You are crazy talented! My 8 year old will still snuggle with me and hug me at school.......I am loving every minute of it and making him promise me up and down he will never get too big to snuggle.

3 men is a HUGE challenge, but I agree with you....wouldn't trade them for anything!

Rhonda said...

Girl -NO! My mom is the crazy talented one. I am lucky to bake a normal one & get canned frosting on there!