The last couple of days I have had the chance to hang out with some sisters in Christ that I had never met. I attended a bible class with some Church of Christ sisters. They were a sweet group of women, all ages, and full of the love of Christ. They recently hosted a women's event where they had over 51 different congregations represented, and only 5 or 6 were Church of Christ. How beautiful when the body comes together. Amen!
Yesterday I attended my first Moms In Touch meeting with 3 precious women. They were older than myself, with kids grown and grandkids nearly grown, but moms are moms at any age. It was so neat to sit and listen to then pray for their grown children, knowing my own mom does the same, and knowing I will do the same for the men children in a few years. I observed through the first part of the meeting because I was clueless as to what to do. However, when it came to our specific children, I threw my hat in the ring. I nearly broke down praying for man child 1, not because he has major prayer requests, but because of the beauty of the entire thing.
It has been good to be with other gals. One of the things I miss the most due to our church move. I don't know about you gals (and guys) but I need that every so often. To be encouraged and challenged. To laugh and to cry. With ladies who have been where I am or where I am going and with ladies who are just beginning their journey.
One of the reasons I enjoy blogs as well.
You can find women at all stages of their walk with Christ.
Get yourself a mini-fix of fellowship.
Hope you have a great day.
Call a girlfriend.
Have a laugh.
Or a cry.
Either is good for your soul!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CASEY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Did I beat Rebecca this time????
I was thrilled to see your FB post about loving Moms in Touch!! Thrilled.....you will be an incredible encouragement and joy to the other women there.
And AMEN to needing girlfriends. Every kind......ones you've known for years and those you've just met but already have a heart connection with. :-)
Love you!
Amen - it is important to have that. I have missed our women's bible study since attending the other wed. night class. but i have amazing women surrounding me, sisters and friends! (syrupy sweet, I know) and i had a blast with the siestas and one sister at the SMT celebration
love ya
I can't believe Keri BEAT me!!
she is a treasure, Rhonda!!
Post a Comment