Thursday, August 5, 2010

MY BIRTHDAY

I had a birthday last week. Honestly, I am okay with it. The number does not freak me out. What does is the fact that I remember my mama at this age. Plus the fact that some of my classmates graduated high school nearly 20 years ago. I just don't know how they did that because I am confident I graduated only a few short months ago.

My body is not in the shape it used to be, but praise God neither is my heart.

Although it is harder to see the written word with these physical eyes, the Lord has sharpened my spiritual eyes to look deeper at myself. To look past others bravado (good or bad) and see them as He does.

It has been a year of fine tuning, which, at times, has been hard. Felt like I was regressing. But I believe He was just getting to the bottom of it all.

I would like to take this time to thank ANONYMOUS for the pizza rolls he jacked from a certain place as my birthday gift. They were not wasted on me:)

Hope you guys have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Amen!! we are not the same when we let Him do His work - Praise the Lord!

Happy Birthday, my dear, dear sister - i love you

Keri said...

How did I miss your birthday??? Oh, man...I am just sick about that! I hope you had an amazing day....I know that I am definitely grateful for the day you were born. Happy belated birthday, my friend!

Kendra Lee said...

I love this, "My body is not in the shape it used to be, but praise God neither is my heart." Happy Birthday!

Rhonda said...

Thank you Keri!
Thank you Kendra! Loves the tent story. I am not a tent girl myself:)