Wednesday, May 4, 2011

FAITH REMEDIATION 101

So I have been wrestling with an issue.


You've gotta be tired of reading that...cause I am tired of saying it....but I think there may always be something we are working out because He knows I have got enough for Him to work with.....


My hang up was I could not see what things were going to look like.


I had no clear vision of the end result.


I kept saying, "Yes Lord I want to obey but I don't know what it looks like,"


which basically meant I wasn't moving until He showed me.


In case you are new to this Christian walk, or to God period, He does not cower to demands.


E...V...E...R....


The sermon I heard on Sunday was the equivalent of a knock on the knuckles with a ruler.


The sting hung around for a bit giving me plenty to ponder on.


Monday, it hit.


You are not required to.


Now let me say here there are times when I have to be reminded of lessons I already know. Times when head knowledge needs to be reignited into heart knowledge.


Remediation if you will.


This was one of those times.


I don't have to know what things are going to look like.


All I have to know is what Christ has said to do and obey.


I am not responsible for making things look pretty or nice.


He is.


I am not responsible for how it all works out.


He is.


My job...


seek Him...


hear Him...


obey Him...


trust Him...


I have no idea how this will pan out.


I really don't. What I do have an idea of is what He requires of me when the situation presents itself.


And it will.


Probably soon.


For you newbies, He likes to do that as well.




I don't like remediation.


But I choose to be grateful for it.




"Being confident of this very thing, that He who begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ."


Philippians 4:6 (NKJV)




Because even though I can't see the end result, He can.


And it is for and to His glory:)

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

man- only the Lord knew how much i needed this today - i will be reading it again and again

love you

Keri said...

Thank you for this......I very much needed this!