Tuesday, May 10, 2011

WHAT I HAVE HEARD RECENTLY


  • a great sermon by David Jeremiah on persecution. Key thought for me was: am I being persecuted for Christ or am I behaving badly, even as a Christian, and reaping the consequences? BIG DIFFERENCE. How do we know the difference? How do you know the difference? Do we tend to lean toward persecution when we don't get our way?

  • thoughts by Perry Noble about biblical correction. My question is who corrects when the pastor is it? When the buck stops with him? Where is correction to come from then? And what do you as a church member do when correction, at any level, is lacking or ignored?

  • from Matthew Barnett on Life Today: Relevant tries to fits in, revolutionary tries to change the dynamic of the community. How does that affect today's churches? Does it speak into my life in any way?

What I would like to read is your responses to these questions.


Looking forward to them.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

ok - first i could not find the sermon from David Jeremiah and i only listened to part of the Matthew Barnett talk - but here goes:

1 - i think we know the difference when we surrender before Him - we take it all to Him and He tells us - I can honestly say that I have felt very little, if any, persecution in my life

2- elders in the church and other pastors - really anyone can it just needs to be done with humility and grace - well if it is lacking and necessary, based on the Lord's instruction, give it - if it is ignored then seek His will for your future with that church

3- completely relates to today's churches - too many try to be relevant, fit in to the culture as it is, and not enough revolutionary