The MCs still request that their mama lay down with them at night. Call them spoiled. Call them soft. I don't care. I have a small window when this opportunity will be before me, so, when possible, I do. Last night, as I watched MC 2's anxious face relax and him quickly drift off to sleep, I couldn't help think how nice it must be, and must have been as a kid myself, to have that. To have that feeling of security, knowing you will be protected. To have that sense of comfort, knowing you are loved. To have that physical contact, creature comfort my mama calls it, knowing you are not alone. To just be able to breathe deeply, close you eyes, and rest.
As an adult, sleepless nights sometime find me. My anxious face does not relax. I fight to close my eyes and keep them that way. My mind drifts, not to sleep, but to places of fear, worry and at times torment. It is on nights like those I am so grateful the word of God.
Psalm 4:8 (NKJV)
I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; For You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.
I have blogged about it before. It is a life verse for me. It is one I stand my ground on.While I can't physically touch God or Christ; the Holy Spirit, the Comforter, is abiding with and in me, allowing me to know that I am protected, to know that I am loved, and to know I am not alone.
You can know this, too.
If you don't know Christ Jesus, you can.
You can sleep.
You can lie down in peace.
You can know He makes you dwell in safety.
No fancy speeches needed.
No big altar.
All He needs is a heart surrendered and submitted to Him.
All you need to do is choose.
He has chosen you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
How beautifully said. What a beautiful word picture of our mama's love for us and ours for our children and of our Lord's for us. Thank you.
oh i am right there with you - that precious look of peace on their faces is just priceless, and you are right, our window is very small and closing fast. I take such joy in being able to give that to my kids, and it reminds me of the joy our Heavenly Father must take when we receive the same from Him.
and p.s. like our mama, i sometimes sleep with my Bible, divine comfort :)
Post a Comment