I am a nerd. We have already established that. It overlaps into my bible study. It spills over into knowing who and what are the hot topics of the Christian dialogue around the water cooler.
HH is not. HH has no desire to. Unless it gets to be something really big. But he could sooner identify Matt Dillon as he could Matt Chandler. He knows nothing of the Elephant Room conversations. Every time we watched The Voice I had to retell who Anthony Evans Jr. was related to. He knows Radical is some book our pastor mentioned and I packed around. He might even go as far as to say Francis Chan was a girl.
Now when it comes to Christian music, HH totally smokes me. It is not even a fair fight.
While our different interests compliment each other there are those days I just want someone to hash out some doctrine with. To have those chapter and verse quoting debates with. To get in the Word deep and muddle our way out.
So the question today is, if you and yours are like me and mine, who do you talk to?
Girlfriends?
Siblings?
Co-Workers?
Pastor?
I really want to know.
Because I am pretty sure I am about to wear my siblings and my mama out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
I usually talk to other women -/ they tend to get engaged in dialogue whereas men go inside their caves.
umm, YOU!!!!
sniff, sniff.. i thought it was the same for you too... sniff, sniff
My friends who happen to be my daughters and my non-related best friend of many, many years. Occasionally, spouse and I have an interesting exchange.
Glad to know it's not just me!
It depends on the topic actually. I have certain friends who I know can give me good advice on particular subjects and I know which one of my family members will give me good advice on certain things. Now if I want a good debate on spiritual matters, that would usually be some of our couple friends, the Sutton's, the Morril's, or the Hill's. All of these couples enjoying talked about the Bible and the different aspects. So my answer is some of our good couple friends! Very thankful for them!
That is wonderful Akin Clan:) It is one of the things I miss about not being "established" at our present church. Someday!
It will happen! It's funny because we have been good friends with these people for years but we are just now getting to this point. Ok, the Suttons are new friends (well I knew who they were in hs but they were way more popular than me so..I digress) My point is, you never know when that "click" will happen. Just be open to it. I am going through an awesome Bible study right now on friendships. It's by Jen Hatmaker and it's called Girl Talk. I encourage you to check it out. It's been eye opening for me. Very good study!
One of the ladies I work with is also doing that study (she goes to church with you). Her last name is Coker. She has loved every minute of it!
Post a Comment