Sometimes this is the problem.
They were reaching for the glory without a willingness to endure the prerequisite sufferings. (footnote from Matthew 20:20-24)
Sometimes I want the glory without the suffering. Like I want to be debt free, but I am not so crazy about doing the paperwork (as evidenced by the fact that I still haven't). I really want to be healthier, and smaller, but I am not burning up the treadmill.
I don't know what others have gone through, what prerequisite sufferings God had for them to prepare them for leadership. I don't see the ones He has for them in the future to mature them. Knowing what they were or will be, I may not be so eager to sign up for leadership roles. I may not want to be favored by men. I may not want to be BFFs with her.
It goes back to yesterday's point - He chooses.
When He chooses I am ready, He will place me where He wants me.
My choice will be to wait on and in Him.
When the insecurities rage, wait.
When the prerequisite sufferings come, wait.
When presented opportunities that flatter my flesh, wait.
When feeling alone, overlooked, and unlikeable, wait.
Wait in the confidence of who I am in Christ.
Wait in the security of His word.
Wait in the peace of His love.
No one can wait for me.
I choose.
No one can wait for you.
You choose.
May we both choose Jesus.
He has chosen us.




2 comments:
Amen. and to choose to continue in study and prayer and growing so that we are good stewards of the waiting time - it has a purpose too - but that is the hard part - waiting with hope, in Christ
Reading this today is perfect timing for my unmotivated, lazy, undisciplined self. Its been bad!! I need to get up and move and fix some stuff and the first place I need to be is on my knees!
Post a Comment