Tuesday, July 7, 2009

NAME THAT BAND

HH & I (mainly I) are not night owls. I rarely am up past 10:30pm. Saturday night we felt our youth returning. I blame all the reminiscing about the good ol' days of Aggieland (Whoop!). Maybe we thought we were college kids again and could pull a late nighter and get away with it. We had company for dinner and got the kids in bed around 10 and then we lost our minds. I had recorded the newest Love Comes (or Finds) ...... movies from Hallmark so I decided to watch those. HH was looking up tunes on iTunes for his gig on Tuesday. (Did I tell you he got new drums? No... Oh HEY guess what HH bought new drums). Somehow his search for music turned into a Name that Band contest of classic country, '60's rock, '80's pop, and '80's one hit wonders! We traveled down MANY memory lanes and learned a thing or two along the way. For example, HH thought "I Heard It Through The Grapevine" was originally from the California Raisin commercial. Obviously my in laws did not watch The Big Chill 50 million times & buy the soundtrack unlike some set of unmentionable parents. Someone once asked me how I knew Jeremiah was a bullfrog - my response - "My parents are old" - and I wasn't even trying to be funny. We also learned that Neil McCoy did not sing Day-O first and that there really is a song that goes "In the jungle the mighty jungle the lion sleeps tonight". I am pretty sure HH was sheltered.


But it was fun and we laughed and paid for it Sunday morning. It was worth it though! Now if I can just catch back up on my sleep:)

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

you know - once you lose it you can never get it back!!!

at least that's what I hear - it doesn't stop me from trying though!!

Life with the Akin Clan said...

Want to know something funny?! I know the words to "Jeremiah was a Bullfrog" because of your parents also! ;-)

Rhonda said...

That made me laugh out loud! And thanks for reminding me that Jeremiah was a bullfrog - gotta go fix that!

sueonthefarm said...

You are welcome! from one-half of the unmentionable parents