I have rarely if ever been the "youngest" for any length of time. I am the oldest of my siblings. I am the first grandkid on my dad's side, and middle on mom's side. I am even older than HH. Obviously being the oldest has shaped my personality. I just tell people what I want or want to do. If I don't want to do it- well I just say that and leave it. (Don't believe me- see this post on my bossy little self). So I don't really know how the mind of the "youngest" works. However, man child 2 is schooling me. I am now on to his ways. He has developed what he believes is his get out of jail free card. Here is an example. Man child 2 was supposed to be sharing a bag of pretzels with me last night. I went to get some and he yanked the bag away.
Hey, I thought you were supposed to be sharing?
Looking frontwards and not at me- No, I don't want to share.
Slowly turns toward me & smiles- I love you.
Because that makes everything okay if you say I love you. He has done this a time or two before. At first I was pulled in by the big blue eyes and insanely too cute smile. Now I am on to him. Now my resolve is strengthened to resist those charms. I can resist the pure confessions of love by my youngest offspring whose entire goal in life is to be with me as close as he possibly can. At least until the tractors show up at which point I become chopped liver. I will not fall prey to his ways any longer.
(Yeah right - who are we kidding? He has me every time he does it. Ugh..)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Boy, he's good!!
Post a Comment