The past month has been (and continues to be) a battle of my flesh versus my faith. Some days it feels too close to call. I would love to tell you it is only about one particular situation, but it is not. Flesh and faith are battling over a few things. Part of my frustration comes from the silence I keep getting from the Lord. I have had many days of "WHY AREN'T YOU TALKING TO ME" conversations. His answer... silence. S-I-L-E-N-C-E! My faith knows that He is listening. I have searched and repented. He hears me, I know He does. My flesh says something totally different. That I have angered or disappointed Him so that He has turned a deaf ear to me. My flesh says that I have not kept all the rules so He wants nothing to do with me. I know this not to be true by faith, but that flesh is holding on tight.
I am focusing on His Word. I am praying always. I am praising and not pleading. Not that I haven't pleaded my case, for I have, but my words have turned to praise for this time. All be it deliberate praise by faith, praise still. Praise that this time is maturing my faith and killing my flesh. Praise that my God is able to meet my needs out of His glorious riches (my synopsis) and praise that He knows what I need.
Today is going to be a battle day, I can already tell you. For me, I will fight on the side of faith. Because regardless of how bad the battle is, I still pick the side I am going to fight for.
I choose.
If you are a follower of Deliberately Delivered, you'll notice a lot of activity. This is part of my battle plan. Not that I read to get great stuff to write about so you will think I am so smart or whatever. This battle plan entails me getting focused and searching the Word for what He is saying to me. Today we go to James 1. Just click the broken shackles on the right to join in. What He is saying to you may just be the thing that helps me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Amen - keep fighting the good fight and finish the race
He is listening
Psalm 40:1 I WAITED patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
love you
Post a Comment