Not yet anyway.
I found myself very dissatisfied yesterday.
Dissatisfied with my house.
Dissatisfied with our state of affairs.
Dissatisfied with my lot in life right now.
I am not sure exactly why.
I think it was because the day just did not go like I wanted.
Or maybe because those "sacrifices" that were going to have to be made hit something I wanted badly.
That dissatisfaction turned into a bad case of the "nevers".
I will never get the remodeling done that I started.
We are never going to get ahead financially, not even just one step.
I am never going to write any bible study worth reading.
I will never do anything for the Lord in ministry.
My house will never be clean again.
I am never going to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
N-E-V-E-R.
I did catch myself yesterday in the midst of it.
Which is good because at least I recognized what it was.
I wish I could say I woke up this morning and all was perky and happy.
It wasn't.
The "nevers" are still lurking in the back of my mind.
They are weighing a bit on my heart.
Never seems so final.
So permanent.
Today I am going to fight fire with fire.
As the "nevers" try to keep me preoccupied and downtrodden.
As they try to get me to do some belly button gazing today,
I will come back with this....
"Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have.
For He Himself has said 'I will never leave you nor forsake you'."
Hebrews 13:5 (NKJV)
That is a good "never" to hang on to.




3 comments:
Thanks. I needed that this morning.
Amen! and He specializes in our 'nevers' - I love that verse - be content with what you have because you have HIM!!!
needed to hear this today
Yep!!! The "Nevers" come visit me quite often and it takes everything I have to not sit and chat a while with them. Because it is very easy to go there.......
I LOVE the scripture to put "never" in the right perspective! Love it!!
Post a Comment