Monday, April 26, 2010

A HOUSE DEVOURED...

I, like some 300,000 other women across this nation, attended the Beth Moore So Long Insecurity Simulcast. I had the joy of attending with all three of my sisters, compliments of me madre. We will get to that tomorrow.
Today, I am recovering from the fallout of leaving three men children (some grown) at home by themselves. My fridge and I need a day. Or maybe two.
Upon returning to my abode (and mind you I was gone for less than 24 hours) I discovered the following:
1. 1 entire package of grated cheese devoured.
2. Over 2/3 of a package of lunch meat (intended for MC 1 this week ) gone.
3. 8 hamburgers buns (4 of which were planned for a meal later in the week) MIA.
4. Peanut Butter stash obliterated.
5. Chips (for lunch as well) destroyed.
6. The front of MC 2 dresser drawer leaning up against the wall ( and I quote "Yeah, I am not really sure how that happened. They were just getting some clothes").
7. The clean house I left on Friday downgraded to a frat house after a theme party (minus the beer cans).
So as my men children eat grape jelly (whose survival I am sure was solely based upon the fact that it had a safety seal for it was out in the cabinet as well) and bread sandwiches this week I pray it is a lesson learned.
However, I am going to guess that teenage boys aren't much better. The lesson learned is probably going to be for me. How to leave the house and hide the food. Yes, that is what I need to do.
Hope you have a great Monday.
Tomorrow...the arrival of the AUNTS!

3 comments:

Querida said...

So this is what my future looks like, eh?

Rebecca said...

HILARIOUS!!! that is too funny - at least you know they didn't starve:)

Rhonda said...

Q - yes, 'fraid so.
Bec- was never a concern of mine. Now the rest of us may this week.