Tuesday, April 20, 2010

LITERALLY

I laid in bed and said to myself,
It is not true or real.
It is not true or real.
Over and over in my head.
Thank you Elizabeth George.
MC 2 is allowed to play outside with me checking him every 30 sec. or so.
Yesterday I got distracted and missed my appointed check time.
When I did check, I looked out my drive to see a van parked at the end of my gate, and MC 2 walking back.
What are you doing?
I was talking to her.
You were what?
I was talking to her.
YOU DO NOT talk to strangers!
The entire time the van never moves and the person in the van never moves.
DO NOT talk to strangers. They could hurt you.
She didn't.
DO NOT TALK TO STRANGERS.
I had made my way to the gate, and the person emerged.
Turned out to be a census worker.
She complimented on how pretty MC 2 was and how well mannered.
She asked a few questions and went on her way.
She had census stuff on her car and id badge, so I am pretty sure she was who she said she was.
MC 2 had a long discussion about strangers hurting you.
About being polite in the store when mama is with you versus going out on you own.
And then I called HH and demanded a chain, a harness and a stake in the yard to hook MC 2 to.
Then I laid in bed and recalled all the kidnapping movies I had seen and pictured my kid in it.
Then I said over and over,
It is not true.
It is not real.
The truth was Christ protected my kid.
Which is a good thing because apparently I can't.
Perhaps I should have prayed,
Be cowardly and shy
instead of be strong and courageous.
But I don't really want him to be cowardly and shy.
I want his courage and strength to be used for the Lord.
With that he will do things his mama never would have dreamed of.
So if God is going to take advantage of that,
He is going to have help me out.
Which He does.
Literally.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

great post!! - had a similar experience this weekend with my princess - in walmart - i was yelling her name - loudly - talk about the imagination!!

btw, did you not send in your census form?

Querida said...

scary!

Keri said...

I need to say that over and over myself. My imagination can get the best of me often....especially when it comes to my children. Thank you for that very timely reminder!