Friday, July 16, 2010

YES BUT....

Yesterday MC 2 and I purchased the "new" Toby Mac cd. We are HUGE Toby Mac fans. We were driving around town, windows down, just rockin' our little hearts out. Of course, mom is banished from dancing in the car, singing in the car, playing air drums in the car, and any other type of movement that even resembles dancing. I don't think MC 2 fully has Toby in his heart, because if he did he would not be able to sit still and rock out.
We pull out of our local Wal-Mart and get in line to get onto the main road. Beside stood a clean shaven man with a homeless sign.
Here I am blaring this is love calling, this is love calling out to the broken
Here is am man appearing in need of help
What am I going to do?
I won't lie and say I never debated what to do.
My flesh rationalized he would probably use my money for this or that, but did that matter?
I was not knowingly giving to this or that.
I had two choices.
I could give the man the small amount of cash I had on me.
I could look straight ahead and profess Christ in the bubble of my car and ignore him.
I chose the first.
I don't always.
I don't always feel led by the Lord to do so.
I don't always have cash to spare.
I don't always ignore the rationalizations of my flesh.
Yesterday I did.
At least for that one moment.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

one at a time - yesterday you did!!!! now you can blare your toby mac loud and proud!!!

Keri said...

I LOVE this!! Had a similar situation in Houston minus the intense Toby Mac music. It was more about having Garrett in the car with me and his reaction and not wanting to my callousness to take away from his sensitivity. I'm so glad at that moment I chose to give too.

Love you!