Saturday, February 28, 2009

SWITCHING GEARS

Friday was a big day for me. I officially resigned my from my teaching position on Friday. Of course it does not take effect until June, but the paperwork is in. I have spent the past decade of my life in the same room with no windows, teaching the same basic class, going to the same pep rallies, using the same teacher's restroom, and so on. Now I shift to being a stay at home mom. Been a long time coming, but came in God's time. I have made some wonderful friends, lifelong - go to anytime friends. I have had some doozy of kiddos and fought some battles with the higher ups (okay quite a few battles - that first year was tough). I am sure my emotions will go all over the place as the day approaches, but right now I am relieved that it is done. I prayed for release for a good while, threatened to quit a time or two, but waited on the Lord. I wish I could say I patiently waited but that would be a lie. I am so excited about being a stay at home mom. Yes I am sure people will make plans for me since "all I do is stay at home". Heck my own father already has me in a tractor in the hayfield (hello - I don't live with you anymore:))But I am good at saying no, ask my students. I can now focus on my kids. There are those moms who work & raise their kids & they do an awesome job. I don't think I was one of them. I survived and they survived. I know there will be challenges at home as well & I am sure my parenting skills are not going to improve overnight (or over a year). But at least I won't be worn out from parenting other people's kids.
okay enough of that.
Bottom line - I quit my JOB!! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!! Oh happy day! Happy day!

3 comments:

Life with the Akin Clan said...

Congratulations! That was a HUGE step! You will enjoy being home. Now you can be the room mommy, copy mom, etc. for all of your kids events. :-) I have never understood the people who said they are bored staying home. There is so much to do! Enjoy every minute with those boys! Time goes fast. My (step) daughter was just 2 yrs. old and will turn 15 at the end of this month. *gulp*

Deare Diary said...

Good for you Sis. A new opportunity to be used by God in new ways. God bless.
Judy

Keri said...

I couldn't believe it when I read your post! Friday was an interesting day all the way around. My husband lost his job that day and we were taken totally off guard by it.

The end of a job whether by choice or not, means the beginning of something new. I'm very excited for you!