FIRST- HAPPY BIRTHDAY SISTER #2
WAIT....MY GOODNESS...ARE YOU 30?
NO....31!
Confession means coming to the point of saying the same thing God says about any specific matter.
Breaking Free - Beth Moore
I am well into week 9 of Breaking Free. Excited to have it nearly done, afraid to go on and not be changed.
When I read this yesterday morning, it hit me.
Hard.
I can not honestly say that all the times I have repented of my sin it was because I saw it as God saw it.
Almost like I have said to Him,
I am sorry that this hurt You, but not really sorry that I did it.
I am sorry that this hurt another, but I don't take it back.
Truth be told I would probably do it all over again.
I was really challenged to not only see my sin as God sees it, but
to say about it what He says about it.
And not just the "big" sins.
The "little" ones to.
To really call them out as He does.
Even the ones that don't technically hurt anyone else.
Even the ones that deal with my money, my eating, my discipline.
To not just be "sorry" but to call them the sin that they are.
To hold them up to the truth of the Word of God and let them be shown in full light.
And then to speak God's word to what I see.
As hard as it may be to speak what God says about my sins, and
although it may hurt beyond anything I can bear, there is hope.
Because just as soon as God calls my sin out, He says this:
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:9 (NKJV)
And that sisters, deserve some praise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
thank you, thank you - and i am a proud 31!!!!
and, amen, that does deserve some praise - lots of it!!
Girl, this blog post is right on time. My blog post from Sunday or Monday is about to have a companion piece about what God's been speaking to me about this gay bishop situation. Confession indeed.
Post a Comment