Thursday, April 29, 2010

See this group of gals?
Varying shapes and sizes?
Would you have ever guessed that that ALL have body image issues?
The overweight one... the one who just had a baby... the thinnest of them...the coach among them.
Each and everyone of them has body image issues.
Why?
Can't say.
Believe it or not they actually all come from a mama who always thinks she looks good.
Not arrogant, just confident.
I can't tell you how many times I have seen her in the mirror say to herself,
"Yeah....you look good".
She has other issues though.
The point...insecurity is common to anyone with XX.
Body image is a common insecurity.
Parenting.
Being a wife.
Our jobs.
Our callings.
Guess what else I found out over the weekend?
Insecurity is common among the XY crowd as well.
So much so that HH and I spent an hour talking about it.
Like, really talking about.
Insecurity freezes us up.
It locks us in place.
Jesus Christ set us free.

The Lord gives His people strength:

the Lord grants His people security.

Psalm 29:11

So what started out as a picture of girls with insecurities is

now a picture of women becoming secure.

And I think they are beautiful!

3 comments:

Querida said...

Funny thing is, before I started reading your post, I was thinking you look good in that picture: I'm digging the length of your hair. Great post, too.

Rebecca said...

man that hits home - great post - i mean, really great - love the flow of it and the kicker at the end!!!

Keri said...

I love this!!! What a beautiful group of ladies......totally wish I could have gone to the Simulcast! That book has really rocked my world.