if my kids don't lay off comparing my cooking to hers it is about to be on!
It started a few weeks ago when I was making pancakes. MC 2 was in the kitchen helping me.
MC 2 : You don't make the best pancakes mom.
Me: I don't?
MC 2: Nope. Laudie does. (Laudie is his way of saying Audie).
Okay. So the next morning I was making eggs.
Me: MC 2 do you want some eggs?
MC 2 : Nope. You don't make the best eggs.
Me: I don't?
MC 2: Nope. Laudie does.
Fast forward a couple of weeks. I made pancakes again. Now mind you I have been making pancakes my entire life. Yes, I have messed them up at times, but most of the time I do just fine. MC 2 did not eat all his.
Me: MC 2 did you eat all your breakfast?
MC 2 : Noooooooo.....
MC 1: He said they weren't as good as Audie's.
This past weekend the men children stayed with Audie and Grandpa. On the way over, MC 1 and I were discussing various topics and Audie comes up again.
MC 1: You know mom, when we get up in the morning, Audie is cooking for us. You're not cooking for us when you get up.
Me: We all get up at the same time dude.
MC 1: Yeah but you're still not cooking for us.
Me: First of all, Audie only cooks one day a week. (I have been corrected- she cooks twice a week). You just luck out to be there on that day. Second of all, I poured you a bowl of cereal today.
MC 1: Well, she still cooks for us.
Seems they shared with mom last night how awesome her pancakes were. Mind you ....IT'S A MIX! The generic store brand mix. But a mix full of AWESOMENESS.
Today they should have biscuits and eggs, gravy and sausage.
I can't top that. I do have an ace in the hole though.
The Donut Store!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
too funny!!! you have a lot to live up to!!
hahahaha!! you have a tough road ahead - that is a lot to live up to - think of the cakes, the dressing, the cookies at Christmas!!!
good luck with that!
Post a Comment